The ACE Program - Frequently Asked Questions

What majors does Harcum College Offer?

Business Management, Human Services, Early Childhood Education and Law and Justice. Not all majors are offered at every site.

What type of degree is it?

Associate Degree

When are classes offered?

Classes are generally held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30p to 9:30p, Fall and Spring. Larger sites such as Congreso and Deliverance have classes on Monday/Wednesday as well. All students attend full time (12 crs per semester).

Where are classes offered?

Philadelphia Community Partners. For more info, call: 1-877-428-8092

  • Congreso  – 2830 N. American St.
  • Deliverance Evangelistic Church – 2001 Lehigh Ave.
  • Diversified Community Services, 1529 S. 22nd St.
  • E3 West, 4111 Lancaster Ave., 2nd fl.
  • Grace Trinity Neighborhood Development Corporation, 5200 Oxford Ave.
  • Little People’s Village II, 6522 Haverford Ave.
  • North Broad, 440 North Broad St.
  • One Bright Ray Community High School, 1142 E. Erie Ave.
  • Resources for Human Development – 4700 Wissahickon Ave.

Greater Philadelphia Partners:

  • Chester, St. Luke Community Christian Church, 326 Tilghman St., 19013
  • I-LEAD Charter School, Inc., 401 N. Penn St., Reading, PA
  • Life Transforming Ministries, 643 E. Lincoln Hwy, Coatesville, PA
  • Upper Darby Com. Outreach Corp., classes at Bonner Prendergast High School 403 N. Lansdowne Ave., Drexel Hill, PA
  • Woods Services, 40 Martin Gross Drive, Langhorne, PA

Does the program accept transfer credit?

Yes, as long as it is from an accredited institution, you received a “C” or better and it is equal in value to one of our courses in the program.

Does the program accept military credit?

Yes. We will need a copy of your military record to see what would be transferable.

Is Harcum College an accredited college?

Yes, Harcum College is accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

Will my credits be transferable?

Yes. You need to check with your next institution on their requirements and the courses you will need for your next degree. Current articulation agreements between Harcum College and four year colleges can be found here.

Can I qualify for financial aid?

Yes. You will need to apply for financial aid by completing an online application at If you need help, we will arrange for assistance. After that, you must re-apply each spring for the next academic year. If necessary, we will arrange for someone to assist you. Download Financial Aid information. Download Understanding College Tuition Price vs. Out of Pocket Costs.

Are there scholarships?

Tuition at the extension sites is already greatly reduced. You can apply for outside scholarships on your own. We can supply you with a list of possible scholarships.

I don’t have a computer. Is there a computer lab I can use?

Most of our  sites have computer labs that students can use at the discretion of the site.

What is the average age of the students in the program?

41 is the average age of our students, but we have students of all ages, 18 years old and up. Anyone who has graduated from high school or earned a GED is eligible for admission.

Can I take all my classes at the partnership site?

The program and cohorts are set up that you courses will be held at your site. There is one exception, Harcum 101 , a one credit course is held at main campus at the beginning of the semester. Details will be mailed to you from main campus on actual dates.

Can I get a student ID?

Yes. You can obtain one while you are taking Harcum 101 on main campus. Otherwise, you need to go to the security office on the main campus to get one. They are free. The address is: 750 Montgomery Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA  19010.

Is there a cap on the number of students per class?

Yes, courses generally have no more than 20 students. However, the average size of a class is usually between 12 and 15 students.